BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Interior Door sits outside of wall jamb when placed

dcerezo
Advocate
Hey guys,

I've got this weird situation when trying to place a D24 object in my interior walls. When I place the door and it swings towards the side I picked as "exterior" it works fine. But if I flip the swing, away from the "exterior" side, it sits away from the jamb. I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Can someone help me identify the setting for this?
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
27 REPLIES 27
Varch
Participant
Any updates on this? I'm still experiencing the problem on all my projects.
Craig
Architect in Dallas, TX
AC24 newbie
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Craig,

Thank you for your question!

We try to bring this topic many times to the developer, unfortunately, the fix must come through a library update, which is separated from Archicad updates. At the moment, it is estimated to arrive around February, but it is subjected to change. The only workaround we found so far is to delete the doors and replace them on the other side of the wall.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience! I really hope that the library update will arrive soon. Thank you very much for your understanding! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

jkershaw
Enthusiast
Is there an ETA on the library update?
AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
Varch
Participant
5 months. Still waiting...
Craig
Architect in Dallas, TX
AC24 newbie
JKL
Contributor
Mine does this as well, to fix this I select the door, go to the settings and change wall closure from stud wall to solid wall. Always fixes my doors
Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

I'm happy to announce that the first Library Update for Archicad 24 USA is available, which will address this issue. The package can be downloaded via the Check for Update function.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the update!
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Varch
Participant
Thanks!
Craig
Architect in Dallas, TX
AC24 newbie
dcerezo
Advocate
WOOHOO!!!
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
Learn and get certified!