Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Interior Door sits outside of wall jamb when placed

dcerezo
Advocate
Hey guys,

I've got this weird situation when trying to place a D24 object in my interior walls. When I place the door and it swings towards the side I picked as "exterior" it works fine. But if I flip the swing, away from the "exterior" side, it sits away from the jamb. I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Can someone help me identify the setting for this?
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

I'm happy to announce that the first Library Update for Archicad 24 USA is available, which will address this issue. The package can be downloaded via the Check for Update function.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the update!
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it a Complex Profile Wall?
Is your door frame thickness = wall thickness?
Where is your Wall reference line?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing and I am very sorry about the issue!

Depend on the types of wall, there could be different reasons that might cause this. To help with the investigation, is it possible to share with us a sample PLA file that contains the same wall and door in the screenshot?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

dcerezo
Advocate
Braza wrote:
Is it a Complex Profile Wall? No, just pretty basic composite wall types.
Is your door frame thickness = wall thickness? Where is that setting? I don't see that.
Where is your Wall reference line? Center
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
dcerezo
Advocate
Hello Minh,

Please see attached. Doors 2 & 3 and Doors 4 & 5 are identical as far as I can see. The only difference is the swing towards the exterior or interior side. If it swings towards the exterior side, it works fine...if it swings towards the interior side, it jumps away from the wall.

Here's a link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zketi5lsb3x7ra8/Door%20Swing%20Issue.pln?dl=0

Hopefully you can figure it out.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
dcerezo wrote:
Is your door frame thickness = wall thickness? Where is that setting? I don't see that.
Here:
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thanks for the file! After some tests, I believe that this particular door is corrupted somehow. I compared its settings with the neighboring one and found nothing special. If I use Parameter Transfer to pickup parameters from the "good" door and inject them to the "bad" door, it should jump to the wall's face.

Please let me know if it helps!
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

dcerezo
Advocate
Braza wrote:
dcerezo wrote:
Here:

Screen01.jpg
I don't have that option...that's weird.
dcerezo
Advocate
mnguyen wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the file! After some tests, I believe that this particular door is corrupted somehow. I compared its settings with the neighboring one and found nothing special. If I use Parameter Transfer to pickup parameters from the "good" door and inject them to the "bad" door, it should jump to the wall's face.

Please let me know if it helps!
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh
Thank you Minh, I'll do that, not sure how the door got corrupted, but that does work.
Barry Kelly
dcerezo wrote:
I don't have that option...that's weird.

That could be a USA versus INT library version.
In the AUS library (I believe is similar to the INT library) that door even has a different name (Door 24 versus D1 24).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11