BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior and Exterior Wall Intersection

Llian
Advocate
How do I make the interior wall [vertical] intersect with the exterior wall [horizontal]?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
3 REPLIES 3
alemanda
Advocate
They should belong to layers with the same intersection priority and the material used for interior walls should have the same strength of the material used for exterior walls.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
alemanda wrote:
They should belong to layers with the same intersection priority...
I would rephrase that a bit to be in line with ARCHICAD Reference Guide:

For wall intersections to clean up, walls in question should belong to layer(s) with the same Intersection Group Number and have the same Building Material/Composite structure assigned to them.
alemanda wrote:
... and the material used for interior walls should have the same strength of the material used for exterior walls.
When you say "strength", I assume we are talking about Building Material Priority. Unfortunately, as far as I know, two different materials with the same Priority will not clean up wall intersection, so this will not work.

Of course, if you open Model View Options find "Override Cut Fills", select "No Fills" and uncheck "Show Skin Separator Lines" — all wall intersections will clean up regardless of Building Materials used, but walls will not show any internal structure.
alemanda
Advocate
Yes Anton .. I used the not most proper words ..
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Learn and get certified!