Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior elevation and cloned folder names not the same

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an issue with cloned folders and interior elevation markers. I've made the markers reference to drawings placed on the layout, but for some reason, possibly a bug, the interior elevation names are not the same as those shown in the clone - see attached screen shot - the orientation of the elevations only shows one orientation/name/whatever else I change it to. I have about 400 odd rooms to do elevations of and typing them manually is gonna take an age!

anyone else seen this? fixed it?

help...?

thx
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh, and this is a problem with AC15 latest build: 3267. will update my signature now...
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, it seems there's a glitch or something with the Interior elevation markers - by deleting them and replacing the marker (get properties, place new marker), the problem is solved.

guess archicad was just having a bad day...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Further to the previous posts - it does seem to be a bug in AC15 (build 3267) in that the interior elevation marker suddenly loses the ability to detect which zone it has been placed into. We're using the IE with the option that has a single marker in the middle of the zone.

Some background: we're working on a teamwork large project and have hotlinked a teamwork file into another one for the layouts to reduce file size.
I then placed the interior elevation markers with the autotext references in the IE ID and IE Name to reflect zone name and numbers. The names and numbers showed up fine in both the project map and the cloned folder in the view maps. I left for the day and closed the TW without signing out. The next day all of the IE's I'd setup (and placed onto layouts) had lost their ability to detect zone name/number.

To solve the problem I changed the IE marker from the single marker to the marker-per-elevation option and back again and suddenly all of the IE's recognised and displayed the zone names and numbers.

I doubt this is a permanent fix and will probably have to repeat the operation should the problem occur again.