BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior elevations workflow...

fhedberg
Contributor
I'm trying to get a good and fast workflow with internal elevations (a simple way of not converting the plan to just 2d).
I can get the internal elevations to work properly, but to lay it out together with a fully linked plan is a bit of a problem....has anyone had similar problems??
How are you handling this ??? Any clever solutions ??

I've been trying to find anything on this through the forums search function but with no luck (found several posts reg the marker and the elevations them selves but nothing reg the plan)...hopefully anyone out there may help me...

Great forum by the way.....i check in on a daily basis to keep my self up to date....
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The built-in Interior Elevations add-on doesn't YET have the ability to produce live linked elevations that you can make a view out of and import into PlotMaker. This is a longstanding wishlist item and we have been begging Graphisoft for it for years.

The best workaround (IMHO) is to create your views with (vertical-range-limited) section/elevations. These sections can then be made into views and placed directly into PlotMaker. Tom (Waltz) posted some nice section markers for interior elevations, so try a search to find them.

The downfall of this method is that you need to create a separate section/elevation for each interior elevation, but it sure beats copying and pasting 2D lines all over the joint.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
The downfall of this method is that you need to create a separate section/elevation for each interior elevation, but it sure beats copying and pasting 2D lines all over the joint.
It is a bit of work but it does give you total control of the process besides keeping the elevations live. I really think this is and will remain the best practice.

The only automation I could see helping is a tool that would place the section markers for you. I really don't like overly automated functions since they never (in my experience) really do things fully the way I want, and end up taking more time to fix than they save in the first place.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Graphisoft team should consider Interior Architect users, we should use a lot interior elevation but i don't cause it's not so helpful; so i use section tool instead.
Aussie John
Newcomer
I have posted this before but an addon should be able to calculate the end positions of section/elevations markers based on the zone it is placed in.

Just need some one to help out who knows about these things

The internal elevations tool has been allowed to wither on the vine
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Learn and get certified!