cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Internal cut error #56 & #64

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any idea what is the internal cut error #54 & internal cut error #64
8 REPLIES 8

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I got info from GS about this.

Internal cut error 54 and 64 can occur when the program tries to cut a degenerated polygonal body. Such a body could be an extruded polygon, but the polygon has only two nodes.
There are several points when such a cut is employed, such as when the perspective "view cone" of a camera is cut, when cutplanes are used and also when a section is generated.

I would say the solution would be to find the degenerated element and fix it or replace it.
....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC26
Loving Archicad since 1995

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok. tks

Paul King
Expert
laszlonagy wrote:
I got info from GS about this.

Internal cut error 54 and 64 can occur when the program tries to cut a degenerated polygonal body. Such a body could be an extruded polygon, but the polygon has only two nodes.
There are several points when such a cut is employed, such as when the perspective "view cone" of a camera is cut, when cutplanes are used and also when a section is generated.

I would say the solution would be to find the degenerated element and fix it or replace it.
I am not sure this is always correct - I get this error 64 when I have a lot of polygons switched on at once that otherwise all display perfectly in 3D when switched on separately or in smaller groups .
The same AC14 model when opened in ArchiCAD 15 generates no such error (though ArchiCAD 15 has other 3D issues at times with AC14 files that AC14 has no problem displaying)
PAUL KING
https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-26
Octane Render Plugin for ArchiCAD
Twinmotion 2022
Windoze 11
Intel Core i9 10900K
Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080
32 Gb DDR3
2x4K 42" monitor extended desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable
Paul wrote:
....The same AC14 model when opened in ArchiCAD 15 generates no such error (though ArchiCAD 15 has other 3D issues at times with AC14 files that AC14 has no problem displaying)
Hi Paul
Having 15 on it's way;
Do you mind elaborating on what "other 3D issues" you've seen so far with V14 files migrated to 15?
Thanks
lec

Paul King
Expert
lec1212 wrote:
Paul wrote:
....The same AC14 model when opened in ArchiCAD 15 generates no such error (though ArchiCAD 15 has other 3D issues at times with AC14 files that AC14 has no problem displaying)
Hi Paul
Having 15 on it's way;
Do you mind elaborating on what "other 3D issues" you've seen so far with V14 files migrated to 15?
Thanks
lec
Hi - mostly pretty good, but a so far keep getting an inexplicable crash bug in 3D with a certain file , and any file it is referenced into to. Might be some archaic library part that evaded our search - but if AC14 is OK with an object's 3D geometry, not sure why AC15 would not be. Loads & behaves perfectly in 2D
PAUL KING
https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-26
Octane Render Plugin for ArchiCAD
Twinmotion 2022
Windoze 11
Intel Core i9 10900K
Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080
32 Gb DDR3
2x4K 42" monitor extended desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Paul
I'll keep an eye out for similar behavior.
lec

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm experiencing this problem as well.

How would a guy go about finding the offending polygon, in order to fix or replace it?

Karl Ottenstein
Moderator
Dale wrote:
I'm experiencing this problem as well.

How would a guy go about finding the offending polygon, in order to fix or replace it?
See:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=42223
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 26 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.2, iMac Pro 10-Core, Radeon Pro Vega 64

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!