BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

International + USA ArchiCAD 18 Library Comparison List

Is there a comparison list for International + USA ArchiCAD 18 Library?
(specifically electrical and other symbols

Any problem loading both libraries at the same time?

Thanks
Thomas Allan Palmer
Architect AIBC MRAIC
ArchiCAD 24 MacBook Pro
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Thomas wrote:
Is there a comparison list for International + USA ArchiCAD 18 Library?
(specifically electrical and other symbols
Not that I am aware of.
Thomas wrote:
Any problem loading both libraries at the same time?
Yes you will get a lot of duplicate objects listed in the Library Loading Report.
Many objects CALL macros and if theses macros are duplicated then you won't know if they are being used from the USA or INT library.
They may actually have different options - particularly with doors and windows.

Your best option may be to use the BIM Components Portal and download just the objects you want from the INT library - but of course you need to know what the differences are to know what objects you want really.
Also Laszlo posted just in the last day that he didn't think the 18 INT library was on BIM Components.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Download the AC INT. Start ACUSA. Use the Library Manager to load the INT LCF file and unload the ACUSA LCF.

Go shopping for objects.

Use the library Manager to embed the folders containing the objects you want. Then export those. The necessary Macros will come with, saving you hours of grief.

Open a standrad ACUSA and decide how you want to store the objects from ACINT.

I haven't looked for symbols. I was after the multi-sash windows primarily, so I'm curious to hear if anyone finds anything else of value.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Thanks for the tips.

I ended up extracting the LCF file and moving the objects i needed into the "office library" folder. I was lucky.....only 1 duplicate object!

Aaron - the embedded option is a great tip for getting macro dependent objects. Thanks!

PS. Happy New Years everyone
Thomas Allan Palmer
Architect AIBC MRAIC
ArchiCAD 24 MacBook Pro
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
heathldesign
Expert
where does one get the AC22 INT library? i have ACUSA version, but the windows are just not what we use here in Canadia
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
Heath, you have to download an AC 22 INT installer and install this into a Folder Called AC22 INT (make this folder and point the installer at it). go to this page and make sure the flag at. the bottom of the page isn't USA (change the flag to International).

Once installed, move all of the Library folders out of that installed version's folder to another location. Then uninstall AC22 INT. If you don't move them, they'll uninstall.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
heathldesign
Expert
ok, i thought i knew what i was doing. I installed the AC22 INT to a folder on my desktop, then i moved the whole library folder from there to my desktop and uninstalled AC22 INT. then i opened up AC22 USA and opened the library manager, but i'm not sure what i'm looking for. there isn'r a window and door library, just an ICF. when i add that library, it creates a migration library. when i go to my window tool, i still have the same objects, no windows from the AC22 INT. what have i missed?
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
not completely sure, but you might try and open a new and reset file, then go to the Library Manager, remove the USA Library there and add the INT Library. Press Reload Libraries and see what you see. You can also unpack the LCF and extract the content you want to use, but do this with caution.

You will have duplicates between the US and INT Libraries. The Window objects, for example, also use mostly the same UI macros, but not all.

It ain't perfect, but if there are things in the INT Library you can't live without, then it's worth the effort.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!