Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Intersection Groups

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Intersection Group setting in the layer dialog will not save. When I reopen ArchiCAD all the layers are reset to Intersection group "1".

I have installed build 6392 which I read was supposted to fix the problem but still no luck.

Any ideas? Thank you.
G4 Mac OS 10.2.8
ArchiCAD 8 v3
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I beleive on the last 8.0 update (r3) that they gave us the ability to be able to save differnent intersection groups as part of a layer combination. Make sure that you hit update in the combination layer if you change your intersection numbers. It should remember then. This new scheme is a mixed blessing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brian,

Thanks for the response. Works just as you predicted.

As a follow up question, do the numbers have any value in terms of display order or the like or are they just for simple grouping?

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe there is not any significance to the number themselves, they are just for grouping purposes. I'm glad I could help.

I like the new setup, but it was a killer when I upgraded from r2 to r3 to my existing projects. I had to through all my layer setups to fix the intersection groups. Just a minor complaint, otherwise it's a great addtion when used in a template for new projects.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Eric. Great tip and great tool. I need to always keep my on that goodies folder to see what's new.