Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection Groups

John Adams
Newcomer
My Intersection Group setting in the layer dialog will not save. When I reopen ArchiCAD all the layers are reset to Intersection group "1".

I have installed build 6392 which I read was supposted to fix the problem but still no luck.

Any ideas? Thank you.
G4 Mac OS 10.2.8
ArchiCAD 8 v3
john adams
bjarko|serra architects
seattle|washington|usa

www.bjarkoserra.com
206-545-1443

Mac G4 - OS 10.3.5
ArchiCAD 9.0 1812
4 REPLIES 4

virtual-e-home
Newcomer
I beleive on the last 8.0 update (r3) that they gave us the ability to be able to save differnent intersection groups as part of a layer combination. Make sure that you hit update in the combination layer if you change your intersection numbers. It should remember then. This new scheme is a mixed blessing.
Brian Ernst
Virtually Home
archicad@virtual-e-home.com
Windows XP Pro, Archicad 10 (1183)

John Adams
Newcomer
Brian,

Thanks for the response. Works just as you predicted.

As a follow up question, do the numbers have any value in terms of display order or the like or are they just for simple grouping?

Thanks again.
john adams
bjarko|serra architects
seattle|washington|usa

www.bjarkoserra.com
206-545-1443

Mac G4 - OS 10.3.5
ArchiCAD 9.0 1812

virtual-e-home
Newcomer
I believe there is not any significance to the number themselves, they are just for grouping purposes. I'm glad I could help.

I like the new setup, but it was a killer when I upgraded from r2 to r3 to my existing projects. I had to through all my layer setups to fix the intersection groups. Just a minor complaint, otherwise it's a great addtion when used in a template for new projects.
Brian Ernst
Virtually Home

virtual-e-home
Newcomer
Thanks Eric. Great tip and great tool. I need to always keep my on that goodies folder to see what's new.
Brian Ernst
Virtually Home

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!