BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Invisible Mesh

MitchDes
Contributor
I have created a site mesh which is clearly visible in the 2D view, however when i switch to a 3D view the screen is blank. However I can select the mesh and the corners and the other nodes appear as dots, but that is all I can see. If I hit esc then everything is blank again. I have all layers turned on, and everything is as I always have it. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate, the blue lines are the perimeter shape (at 0), while the black dots above are where the surface of the mesh should be.
Any suggestions appreciated.

ARC Mesh Problem.JPG
Using ArchiCad Start 2020 On PC With Ryzen 5 5600 6 core, 16Gb Ram, 64bit Windows 11, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 32"; Lenovo Monitor; 1920 x 1080 Res
3 REPLIES 3
Stress Co_
Advisor
See Laszlo's comment
HERE: Where's my Mesh?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
MitchDes
Contributor
Thanks Lazslo, I see what mean, on my mesh it looks like the surface nodes have somehow been duplicated lower down. Not sure how that happened, and absolutely no idea how to get rid of them, so starting again may be the answer. Thanks for your help.
Using ArchiCad Start 2020 On PC With Ryzen 5 5600 6 core, 16Gb Ram, 64bit Windows 11, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 32"; Lenovo Monitor; 1920 x 1080 Res
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same thing happened to me today. Did a search under "mesh disappeared" and found some interesting causes. Search first before you have to recreate.
Learn and get certified!