Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Is the MJO - Modular Joinery Object dead?

Thomas Holm
Booster
Hi,
I'd like to revisit an old subject: In Archicad 12-13-14-15 something I was using a fantastically superb Door/Window/CurtainWall object written by Ralph Wessel and distributed to AC subscribers (commissioned by the British Graphisoft representative, I think). For various reasons I'd like to user it again in Archicad 22 but I can't seem to find it. Question: – is it still available, and does it work in Archicad 22? Or has it already been Brexited?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
8 REPLIES 8
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It used to be on bimcomponents I believe, however you should be able to load the old AC15-ish one, assuming you still have that. I have no idea if it's ever been updated since.

What specifically are you trying to achieve? Maybe someone can give some tips with the currently available parts?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Thomas Holm
Booster
I've got a client who just fell in love with Japanese-style windowing, such as seen here: https://www.dezeen.com/2017/12/30/takashi-okuno-arranges-hiiragis-house-around-a-decked-central-courtyard/#/
I know I can do it with the curtain-wall tool, but at this stage I want to do a quick prototype for the building permit, and the MJO is so flexible and fast and has just the right presets available (like pre-configured Velfac frame profiles), it would cover all my window needs for this house, I think, at least for now. I hate having to use a different object just to add a pane, you know.
I think the latest version I have is for Archicad 19, but I haven't tested it with 22. And I haven't been able to find it at bimcomponents.
And I still can't understand why Graphisoft won't utilize it. They paid for it originally, you know. I suspect it's just about prestige - the famous NotInventedHere syndrom.
But of course, I'm the kind of guy who still uses the StandingSeam Roof Accessory, you know the one that's been 'unsupported' for 10+ versions, and screws up every new Archicad update installation. But I've found no useful replacement... sigh
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
It's still actively updated and distributed for UK subscribers, so there's an AC22 version currently. I guess it hasn't been distributed any further around the world. It's a shame development is so fragmented in the GRAPHISOFT world.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ok Ralph, thank you for the update, I guess I’ll have to make life miserable for Graphisoft Sweden until I get it. (Can you imagine, they’ve changed their name to “Nolliplan”?)
Best regards,
Thomas
Barry Kelly
When I search for "Modular" in the window settings dialogue of 22 (BIMComponents) it turns up.
Not sure what version it is as it doesn't say (I assume 22).
It is part of our Software Services Argreement - so hopefully if you have one you will see it too.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I can actually find it the same way on the Dutch subscription. The link to bimcomponents from there yields a 404 page though.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Thomas Holm
Booster

Barry, you made my day!
I was under the impression that I had to "Go To BIM Components Portal" (furthest down in the Window settings dialog, click on the Greek temple gable) and search in the browser window that opens . That didn't work (I got around 250 different Modular objects, but none of them was what I wanted).
Now I see that I can search for objects in the uppermost search field even if they are not locally available, and it works! (We have a software service subscription)
I guess someone told me that long ago, but being ignorant, I didn't remember.
Thanks so much!

Barry wrote:
When I search for "Modular" in the window settings dialogue of 22 (BIMComponents) it turns up.
Not sure what version it is as it doesn't say (I assume 22).
It is part of our Software Services Argreement - so hopefully if you have one you will see it too.

Barry.

Hi I'm just bumping this subject on the new community. The Modular Joinery Object is still available for ALL subscriber licensees, and still promoted although only in the UK. And it's still superb for quick prototyping, especially if you like Velfac windows!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!