BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is there a way to track your time in Archicad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need a way to track time spent on projects. I have tried may different third party software but because Archicad is the only program that does not list project name in the main program window it only tracks the program by program name only and not project
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you use teamwork each project will have a log with sign-ins, sign-outs and notes. I don't remember the exact structure of the log (it's a plain text file) but it's probably reasonably easy to set up a database (or maybe an Excel macro) to import and sort the records.

Otherwise you will have to look for some software that tracks computer usage. There used to be some time tracking programs that would do this but I don't know if they're still around. Also, there must be some kind of spyware that you could use to spy on yourself.
Dwight
Newcomer
Djordje
Ace
Dwight wrote:
Don't forget Cigraph's "ArchiTime."
Quite so!

http://www.cigraph-store.com/html/home/DESCRIPTION/ATime.htm

Free demo download (in fact a full working AddOn, "all" you need is the registration code).
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick reponse I apreciate your answers.
I do wish they would become more standard with all the other software so tracking job cost from one app would be so much easer. If you could run more than one project at one time I would understand but I have not found this to be the case.
It would also quickly let you know which project you are working on without jumping back to 2d drawing example working with two plans that are very similar.
Learn and get certified!