BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is there any way to change pan to the right mouse button?

Ben3000
Participant

Hi! As per the title, can the pan function be switched from middle mouse button to holding down the right mouse button?

I find the middle button is not really suitable for the type of button pressing required to pan and the right mouse button feels better and puts less strain on the hands.

Is there any way to do this either through Archicad or through third party software? (I own a Razer mouse)

5 REPLIES 5
ryejuan
Advisor

The best way for you to do that is not to use the standard type of mouse. There are those type of mouse where it comes with an app where you can bind or assign commands to different buttons.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

as with Rye's response, i use this Vertical Mouse from Evoluent

GerryLeonor_0-1663734882164.png

I'm able to input macro commands pressing button 6 and another button.

If you're using a Razer mouse, you might want to check if you can assign your right click to another shortcut on your keyboard, which is associated to the Pan command.

for my left-hand mouse, i use a Logitech G903 & i can assign macros to whichever button i want

GerryLeonor_1-1663735196619.png

it's like a multi-layered combo of macro & shortcut. your mouse button activates keyboard keystrokes which AC interprets as a keyboard shortcut.

• assign a keyboard shortcut for Pan
  • go to your Razer software & set up a macro for said keyboard shortcut
  • associate that macro to your mouse right-click
  • profit

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

Excellent! Thank you, I will certainly give it a try - my only reservation, and part of the reason for asking is what reassigning the rmb might do with regards to right-clicking to get to the context menu, i.e. will they interfere with eachother? I guess the only way to find out is to test it!

If it doesn't work properly I suppose I can always assign it to a different mouse button...

basically when you reassign the right click button as your middle click button you need to reassign your right button into a different button on your mouse if you are using a standard mouse your are limited to several buttons unless you buy those gaming mouse that have extra buttons that you can use.. 

for example this mouse you can put other macro commands in the other buttons like drag, rotate, etc on the other buttons.

ryejuan_0-1663748367014.png

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Great! Thank you for your help!

Learn and get certified!