Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Is this a bug (dragging)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working with the Coordinates Palette off, and really like the new 'Trakker' feature.

But sometimes the 'Trakker' is turned off (how did that happen?) and I don't notice it's gone, because you don't miss what you never had, right?

However, with neither the Coordinates Palette or the Trakker showing, the command combination "Drag, R, dimension" still appears to work - except the value of R seems not to be recognised, so your dragged element can be placed, well, anywhere!

Is this a bug?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check your Tracker-related settings in the Work Environment Dialog. Maybe the behaviour is related to one of the settings there.
I know the Tracker can be turned On and OFF.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thomas Holm
Booster
It is a bug., The Tracker turns itself off randomly (not veru often here though). Let's hope it's fixed in the first Hotfix (should be available soon after the Mactel release, I hope)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay - turning the Tracker back on is an easy matter, once you realise it's off.

But my real problem is the functionality when the Tracker is off.

In Release 9, you needed to have the coordinates box displaying in order to use "drag, R, distance-factor"

In Release 10, with the coordinates box OFF and the Tracker OFF, you can still use "drag, R, distance-factor", but the distance-factor appears to be randomized. This is very worrying because sometimes it's nearly right!

- Keith