cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Morphs and Rotated Grids in 3D window

AlexM
Contributor

Hi All - just checking in for other people's wisdom and experience here:

I have a building that requires a number of rotated grids.

In the 3d window, I can pick a rotated grid and use the construction planes to draw in a number of different orientations. All good.

I can setup a rotated grid, and draw walls, slabs, stairs, etc all orientated to the new grid.

When I choose the Morph Tool, the grid snaps back to the original orthogonal grid. If I orientate a new grid with the Morph Tool active, it simply rotates back to the original ortho grid as soon as I use the Morph Tool.

All the other tools work on the rotated grid as expected. Just Morph tool doesn't.

Am I over looking something? Is this a bug? Or is it expected behaviour? I really hope it's not expected behaviour because it's seriously making me frustrated.

I'm using AC24 v5000. I'm downloading v6000 now, but I don't see anything about Morph or Construction Grids in the change log. I get the same behaviour in AC25. Only tested on Windows at the moment, but can test on Mac later.

AlexM_0-1634078904830.pngAlexM_1-1634079044661.png

22 / 24 / 25 Win10 & OSX
1 REPLY 1

Nguyen Minh
Graphisoft Moderator
Graphisoft Moderator

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

I could reproduce this issue from Archicad 18 till the current version. Unfortunately, I don't have any explanation for it. Let me ask for some help from our colleagues for further investigation. As soon as we know more, I will let you know!

Thank you once again, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!