BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Issue with walls joining properly, then not joining properly

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have issues sometimes with wall joining properly. I have attached a PDF with an example. I am using AC15 and this happens with regular walls, composite walls and complex walls. Here are the settings that I use:

- I have a separate Layers for Exterior walls and Interior walls. This keeps the elevation and 3D rebuild times down.
- I have a separate layer combination for elevations and floor plans. In the floor plan combination the intersection number is the same, while in the elevation combination the intersection number is different because I have the interior wall layer turned off.
- The wall priorities are the same.

Does anyone know if it the these settings, or others, that cause the wall intersections to not join properly? I appreciate your input.

Jeff
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
Check that each wall individually that they have skin priorities enabled.

It is sometimes easier and faster if when you select all walls and it shows that skin priorities are enabled, to uncheck that box and deselect. This makes all walls which have skin priorities enabled, un-enabled, and walls that were un-enabled remain so. Now when you select all walls, enabling skin priorities will make all walls enabled.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

When you put the walls onto a layer with a higher priority the wall's skin priorities no longer valid. Thus in other words the layer priorities overwrite the skin priorities.

Rather try using the Renovation filter tool for indicating which walls are new and which are demolished and existing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had this happen, the walls look fine one day, then I come in the next day, and even though the priorities are set, reference lines touching etc. they loose their connection. Seems to happen in teamwork and not solo projects.

Sigh and redo them....
sometimes the fill looks the same in each wall but its not the same name

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!