Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Joint between 2 same elements in plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Archicad Community,

First of all would like to thank you as you've already solved many of my questions when using google looking for tricks & tip.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any solution for my last problem, therefore decided to ask.

Is it somehow possible to see the joint between 2 same elements in plan when their reference lines are connected? I'm modelling a facade horizontal element, and I would like to see in plan (indirect also in the elevations) where the joints are between those elements without leaving a gap.

A is how I would like to model it. One after the other without a physical joint.
B is how it looks like in Archicad in plan (no visible joint)
C is how I would like to be seen in plan (I guess in the elevation would also work if it works in plan) - (Just completed it with 2d line for the example).

I know the lines come automatically when both elements have another texture, but I would like to keep it clean and don't have to make a copy from the same texture.

Thanks a lot for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi t_and,
Thanks for your kind words.
Regarding your issue: The only solution for this is by changing the reference lines. Like this:

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

p.s.: It is just a dirty workaround. But you can always vote for Line/Surface Merging Control.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another one...
If changing the Wall Reference and 2d lines are not options, you could add an empty window/door with zero width. At least it will attached to the Wall.
Cheers,
just use a different layer intersect number for one of them

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25