Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Just spent an hour trying to get window markers to display?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but all I want to do is to get my windows to display a simple symbol with a number or letter in it in plan view. After an hour of trying No luck at all.
I have tried each option (Basic window-door skylight marker, Builder dimension 17, W marker 17, Window marker_NCS 17 and WTH is load other window marker, why would I want to do that when none of the first options work anyway) along with the settings in the dialog box.

Is this really this complex? First time trying to do this. I can't even get a marker to appear in plan next to a window.

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to Documents->Set Model View and check those settings. You can override the appearance of certain aspects of how your model will display with those settings and the model view settings are saved with saved views.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jonathan:

As zeropointreference said, check Model View Options > Options for Construction Elements > Window Options > with Markers. Also check Renovation Filter Options > Additional Filter Options for: Hide Opening Dimension Marker.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, that worked to get the symbols visible on the plan, but now am having problems with the schedules. Output not even close to what I need. Have created a new topic in working in archicad.
Can't get a schedule to include all of my openings. Door or window.
And when I was able to show the symbols I had to custom text the numbers and letters sequentially for both doors and windows to get a diff. id for each opening. Also, didn't see any other way to get them numbered and lettered in a logical way. I like to start at the front door and follow a clockwise direction around the building.
Karl Ottenstein
Jonathan wrote:
I had to custom text the numbers and letters sequentially for both doors and windows to get a diff. id for each opening. Also, didn't see any other way to get them numbered and lettered in a logical way. I like to start at the front door and follow a clockwise direction around the building.
The ID field should be (if not make it) visible in your Info Box... so that you can assign/edit the ID for each window/door as you select it.

If you need to renumber/reletter your windows/doors in one go, that is what the Element ID Manager is for. Lots of topics discussing what you're doing and the EIM. Help Center info here:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/documentation/calculation/id...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Stress Co_
Advisor
Karl wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
I had to custom text the numbers and letters sequentially for both doors and windows to get a diff. id for each opening. Also, didn't see any other way to get them numbered and lettered in a logical way. I like to start at the front door and follow a clockwise direction around the building.
If you need to renumber/reletter your windows/doors in one go, that is what the Element ID Manager is for. Lots of topics discussing what you're doing and the EIM.
A bit dated, but this may help:
How to Set Door & Window IDs Quickly
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl & Marc,

Thank you for helping! Yes, I watched that video earlier today and was very helpful on the ID end of this door and window marker / schedule learning curve I am trying to tackle. I now have the ID dialog in position 1 in the info box. Now I am trying to figure out how to produce schedules (door and window) that have the desired information. Evidently I am missing a good schedule interface called WS window schedule. I understand it is supposed to be in the view map, but it's not in mine. Have not tried any of the door schedules yet. I'm determined, but also intimidated by the complexity of all this. I thought it would be nice to have a decent door and window schedule without having to fill it out manually.
Stress Co_
Advisor
What info do you want in your schedule?

Start with the "window schedule" included in the standard AC17-residential template and edit it to your needs.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Marc.

I'm trying to create a door schedule and the schedule is not populating.
I numbered the doors with the element ID manager, but when I open the schedule it has no doors in it?
Stress wrote:
What info do you want in your schedule?

Start with the "window schedule" included in the standard AC17-residential template and edit it to your needs.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jonathan wrote:
I'm trying to create a door schedule and the schedule is not populating.
I numbered the doors with the element ID manager, but when I open the schedule it has no doors in it?
This is probably due to the Criteria panel in the Scheme Settings, take a look at it, post a screen shot.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14