Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Keynote Text Editting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all - ArchiCad newbie here.

Recently switched over from using a similar, competing product that would allow you to place a keynote, or hexnote, or equivalent on the screen then later come back and edit that text.

So far it seems ArchiCad will let you put text on the screen but not put a shape such as a circle or hex around it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
chachnet,

In the label tool settings, at the bottom of the text styles sub palette check the "label frame".

FYI, while you are in the label settings, look at the available options under "content and Preview", select for example, the wall tool label, there will be a smallish preview to the right. The options for keynote style are expanded, run through all the sub-options and custom features.

Snap

PS Please edit your profile to add a "signature" with the AC version you are using, also MAC OS or the Imperium's gifts to mankind.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Snap - If i click on that frame i only get a rectangle or square the size of the text. Can i get a custom shape like a hex or circle? Basically looking for a dummie way to add notes...

Thanks again!

Chach

PS - Added Sig below
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, AC-10, a great version, unfortunately I no longer keep it loaded. The label settings in 14 are truly improved.
Sorry,
Snap
PS but hey, check the depository, I recall a couple of key note and label type objects in there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Snap

I had a feeling we might be having a version disconnect....

Been through some stuff in the depository. Will work around for this project and see what I can learn in the next!

Chach