BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Kitchen cabinet modeling

Apostolos14
Booster

good morning to everyone!
I used the Archicad from v6.5 to v13.
I'm back with the v25 and I was expecting more conveniences in terms of the set of cabinets and kitchen with more options in the parametric object. Unfortunately I see that I have to fix a lot of things, almost like I did.

I am referring to furniture and custom constructions.
Would you suggest me to advance my knowledge in gdl or learn param-o? Or would it be better to build them in another program, example rhino3d and import them?
Graphisoft team, sorry for my disappointment. Although I will renew my Archicad license.
Sorry for my English too.

3 REPLIES 3
Apostolos14
Booster

it would be important for someone to answer.
more gdl or param-o?

good morning to everyone!
I used the Archicad from v6.5 to v13.
I'm back with the v25 and I was expecting more conveniences in terms of the set of cabinets and kitchen with more options in the parametric object. Unfortunately I see that I have to fix a lot of things, almost like I did.

I am referring to furniture and custom constructions.
Would you suggest me to advance my knowledge in gdl or learn param-o? Or would it be better to build them in another program, example rhino3d and import them?
Graphisoft team, sorry for my disappointment. Although I will renew my Archicad license.
Sorry for my English too.

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Apostolos14 ,

Thank you for sharing your impressions here!
It would be useful if you could share some of these problems you have to fix with kitchen cabinets, so we can see if there are any suggestions we can give for your workflow (screenshots/recordings are also useful). It would also help understand whether you should learn more about gdl and/or param-o for those use cases.
Best regards, Gordana

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

Gordana Radonic I refer you to my previous question, where of course Christophe Fortineau and Barry Kelly gave me some solutions.
but parametric objects are not always so <parametric>.
Recently, I renewed my license in v25 hoping for improvements in terms of interior and pruduct parts.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Doors-and-drawers/td-p/322748 

Learn and get certified!