Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

LABEL TOOL SCALABILITY

Anonymous
Not applicable
label tool scalability????

is that possible in AC9 student version? i know texts can be scaled by choosing that option in the text setting but what about the label? every time i change the drawing scale i have to adjust the frame or the text inside the frame. please advise.

thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Labels are always Fixed. In ArchiCAD terms that means they will always remain the same size, no matter what the scale is. If you're using the imperial units, it will be a measurement in Points (Pts) where there are 72 points in an inch. So a 1/8" piece of text will be 9 Pt high. Metric uses mm.

It doesn't matter what the scale of the drawing is, the label text will always be the same. New users or otherCAD users are often confused by this thinking that their text has suddenly grown or shrunk, when it hasn't. It always stayed the same size, it's just that the model appears to have grown or shrunk.

Once you get the hang of it, you realize just how important it is to get your anchor points and justification right, so your text doesn't jump all over the joint whenever you change scale.

Text can be set to Scaled, but labels are always set to Fixed. So are Dimensions.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you so much!

does that mean that the frame around the label will stay the same like the text regardless of the drawing scale? please advise.

thanks again!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
laqtboy wrote:
thank you so much!

does that mean that the frame around the label will stay the same like the text regardless of the drawing scale? please advise.

thanks again!
Yes that's right.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
laqtboy wrote:
thank you so much!

thanks again!
Yes that's right.

Cheers,
Link.
Link,
I'm not sure what you are saying because a label can/should be scripted to be scale sensitive.

Dan K
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Dan wrote:

Link,
I'm not sure what you are saying because a label can/should be scripted to be scale sensitive.

Dan K
This is what I'm saying!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
This is what I'm saying!
Oops...my bad I misinterpreted what you wrote...I guess I didn't have enough coffee this morning.

Dan K