Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Label Favorites not transferable to new version

sknsnw9
Booster

I upgraded my template from 25 to 26 and now just noticed my labels has all been switched to default of text/autotext - zone name.  For some reason I'm not able to import my label favorites from 25 to 26.  It says not compatible since I was pulling it from 25 version.  I had no issues with other favorites, such as walls, floors, etc.

Is there another way to import it in instead of fixing each labels?

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

That’s odd. My template file transferred the labels from 25-26 without issue. How did you transfer your template file? I simply just opened mine in AC26 and then saved a copy. 

You won’t be able to transfer Favourites from AC25 to AC26 without first saving the AC25 file in AC26 format. 

the only thing I can think would cause this is if the labels links to Properties or Expressions that no longer exist in the new AC26 file. If you just opened your existing file in 26 then these should nave transferred as part of the Classifications too. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

That’s odd. My template file transferred the labels from 25-26 without issue. How did you transfer your template file? I simply just opened mine in AC26 and then saved a copy. 

You won’t be able to transfer Favourites from AC25 to AC26 without first saving the AC25 file in AC26 format. 

the only thing I can think would cause this is if the labels links to Properties or Expressions that no longer exist in the new AC26 file. If you just opened your existing file in 26 then these should nave transferred as part of the Classifications too. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

I was able to get it.  Didn't think to try opening the template in 26 then save the favorites in that version.  Thanks!

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060