BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Label Mesh Points for Topography

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using a mesh to generate topography from a site survey by aligning the mesh points on the points from the surveyors data. Is it possible to label each mesh point with a spot elevation automatically??

This would be helpful both in modeling and documentation. During modeling, it would be very helpful to ensure that each point is the same as the survey rather than clicking on each point individually.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kyle,
not an automatic method but one that would help ensure you have entered the points correctly would be to place levels with 'gravitate to mesh' option over all points you wish to elevate before you elevate them then they will update as you elevate the mesh points
Regards,
Scott
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
kyleboyd:

See this thread for an object that can read the xyz file and show this information: Making mesh from map and text values (imported from dwg).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!