Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Label arrows

wilson83
Contributor
I have created a relatively simple label and was wondering if there was an easy way to add a leader line and arrow to the part. If is tick 'Label Elements' and use the custom label on an object, the line and arrow is added automatically. Alternatively, if I use the label on a wall, there is no line or arrow added. Following this, I was going to add a line using LINE2 or POLY2 and was wondering if there was a way to add the standard arrow heads without scripting them?

Ideally, I would like to have the control over when the leader and arrow is or isn’t shown but first I need to get it to show.
Michael Wilson

ArchiCAD 9 - 22 (6021 AUS Full)
Win7 | 64 bit | 8Gb RAM | Intel i7 3.40 Ghz
2 REPLIES 2
Frank Beister
Advisor
You should be able to make the standard arrow for each label visible.

To draw the arrow by your object you need to request the coordinates of the arrow position by following global parameter: LABEL_POSITION
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
wilson83
Contributor
Thanks for that. I haven't had a chance to give it a shot but knowing my track record using request's I'm sure ill be back on here.
Michael Wilson

ArchiCAD 9 - 22 (6021 AUS Full)
Win7 | 64 bit | 8Gb RAM | Intel i7 3.40 Ghz