Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Label/object that show sun position for inserted doors/windows?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

Mats_Knutsson_0-1643273740064.png

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
6 REPLIES 6
DGSketcher
Legend

@Mats_Knutsson You could see if WIDO_REVEAL_SIDE is relevant to what you need. Might be worth looking at the GS door / window marker as I think that uses the reveal side to orientate itself. You might even answer your question by temporarily showing the markers?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly

I don't think there is anything you can label that will tell you the placement (reveal or external sill) side of a window.

There possibly would be a GDL solution where you could add a symbol with a white pen (so it doesn't print) or have a parameter that turns it on/off, but that would mean altering the script of all the default windows if you use those - and that is not a good idea.

I had thought a window marker might do it but it seems not.

If you 'Flip' window, the marker flips as well, but the reveal side does not alter.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

You know what happens...

Mats_Knutsson_0-1643277706390.png

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.

Assuming they have placed some windows incorrectly but have them opening in the correct direction, do you get the results you want if you us '3D front view' or 'View from opening side'

BarryKelly_0-1643291889177.png

Alternatively you could use '3D back view'  or 'View from side opposite to opening side'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
runxel
Legend

DGSketcher ist right regarding "WIDO_REVEAL_SIDE". This would show the reveal ("sunny") side of the window/door. However this is a Global and those can't be read from a label.

There is "ac_wido_reveal_side_2", but this however is only available for markers....Sigh.

The "Flip" button can be hazardous. The German GDL manual even says that you shouldn't use it at all and counter the automatic behaviour of Archicad in your own scripted windows/doors....

But alas, no matter how good you train people, they will use the button.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
julienK
Advocate

Select all your windows and add a sill with a very long length. They always show on the sun side of the window no matter if they have been flipped or not.

You'll spot the wrongly placed window in no time. It takes a minute to do and one click to undo.