BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Layer names

Tom Krowka
Booster
Are the layers names a function of the user preference profile. I opened a new project and realized all the layer names had an "A" in front of them. Autocad Architectural desktop does it this way; I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

Any way to eliminate the "A" in front of all the layer names without renaming everyone individually? Is there a setting somewhere for a default?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
you could use attribute manager to pull layers from an older file that doesn't have the A- in front of the layer names.

Or start a new drawing from a template the has the correct layet names.

I have not checked to see what the "default" layers from a "New and Reset" file in AC9 comes up with. Do those layer names have the A- in them?

hth
wes
Tom Krowka
Booster
As far as I can tell the default has the A for architectural, e for electrical,,,,etc.etc.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Karl Ottenstein
Tom wrote:
As far as I can tell the default has the A for architectural, e for electrical,,,,etc.etc.
Right; this is the US default template (new/reset). There are some other templates under ArchiCAD Templates in the program folder, but generally, you'll want your own.

As Wes said, use attribute manager to delete all layers and combos, and bring them in from one of your existing projects that you're happy with. You'll have to change the layers being used by all tools as well. Get a template that works the way you do (or should), and save it for starting future projects.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!