Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Layer visibilities - on sheets.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am hoping that AC has a function sim. to cad or revit in that..

ex. i want to use the same floorplan, showing different information, on different sheets. like plugs on power sheet, lights and such on rcp.

BUT: i would like to change the visibility properties on different sheets, so, on the power sheet, everything but the power outlets (which will be blk) will be grayed out. and on the RCP i can gray out everything but say lights, details, and dims.

so do i jsut make a new layer set? create a new view map? or can i adjust things on the sheet, in the placed view port, much like i can in CAD?

hope this is not too confusing. -thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
sinceV6
Advocate
This is what Pen sets are for.

When you save your views, remember to set all properties:
Layer combo
Scale
Partial structure display
Pen set
Model view option

Layer combo will show what you want in layout. Pen set, is the "how" you want it to look. So for your Power Sheet, you can save floor plan views with the "Electrical pen set", then, if you need, you can adjust colors in that pen set and it will update your layouts.

Best regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
so, if i understand you correctly, pen sets are different from layer combo sets? and with these pen sets, i can change the visibility attributes to object, lines, etc, independently of where that same drawing may appear on a different sheet?

-sorry, im new to AC and in the past few years, i have worked in CAD, revit, vectorworks and now archicad! i cant firgure out what software is doing what which way!
sinceV6
Advocate
yes and no.
pen sets and layer combos are separate things. Layer combos are saved layer states for all layers.

pen sets allow you to change *some* of the visibility attributes for objects when views are placed in layouts, for example, use the "electrical pen set" to show everything grayed out except for some particular colors, and/or give'em certain line weights. Line types are another chapter (mostly, object based).

take a look at the different standard pen sets, especially the ones named "07 Mechanical" and "08 Electrical". It will give you a good hint on how you can use them. For instance, an object using PEN# 77 will be yellow when using the electrical pen set, but will be gray when using the mechanical pen set.

In other words, they are the equivalent to pen color tables or style tables in autocad.

independently of where that same drawing may appear on a different sheet?
you would have to be more specific on the "same drawing" part, how you are creating views, or placing them in layouts.

If you are starting with AC on your own, I highly recommend you to take a plunge in the Help documentation. It covers every aspect of the program. It might take you a couple of hours, but your understanding of the software will be a whole lot better.