Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Level dimension for composite slabs

It is time for AC to provide a level dimension tool that can display elevation values for slabs made of complex profiles.

Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey Achille,
You didn't attach a poll to your post. Nevertheless, I think this is a good wish, in construction documents we many times have to display these two values. I would say that this level dimension should work to be able to display both the top and bottom of both the whole structure of only the core, and it should work for Slabs, Roofs and Shells since any of these three could be used to model composite slabs.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
There you go Laszlo: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=46720

With your remarks incorporated!
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Of note, the Dimension Label (Label tool) when attached to a Slab (or any element) can provide lots of information about the element it's attached to, including Top/Base elevation.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Achille, I voted essential.

James, yes, that Label is a start but it is not the full solution to this case. For example it does not have the Level Elevation marker, and also it can display the top and bottom of the full structure only, but not the top or bottom of the core. I can imagine that this Label could be made smart enough to do all those things, including the Marker when labeling Slabs, Roofs, Shells etc.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
and if I may add, we need the + sign to always appear for the values greater than 0.

But still, I dont know if this will be satisfactory, because in large projects we need to place level dimensions on various points of the floor plan, not just once.