Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Libraries keep "going missing"

KJ22
Participant

Ever since downloading Archicad 25 my libraries seem unstable. and seem to be missing? Even 25 objects? Simple objects like doors and windows? Ive redone objects too many times. where are they? I relaod and reload and remove libaraies and relaod and.... and then whats the deal with duplicates? whats the purpose of this anyway?

aaaaagggghhhhh

10 REPLIES 10

Hello KJ22,

The functioning of the libraries has not changed with Archicad 25. Could you be more explicit about your subject? What is your version of Archicad? Is this a collaborative project? Is it a library stored on your workstation or on a local server ? On a remote server ?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

I have Archicad 25 US Full (worked on 18 & 24 prior)
I use drop Box but also have libarraies on my desktop and laptop. I am sure there is a problem in there somewhere. but never had it before 25.

KJ22,

I need more explanation but I invite you not to put your Archicad library into a Dropbox because the library link between your few computers will never be the same because of your hard drive name for example. Did you check this subject ?

Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
KJ22
Participant

I have reloaded the Arcicad 25 libraries to from my hard drive a few times now and the missing items still dont appear. perhaps i need to retart my laptop?   I think it very odd that altghough the object is available to insert again...it still shows as missing in the drawing along with all of the custom details.

"perhaps i need to retart my laptop"

I do not think so.

What about your Archicad library alert messages ?

What about your missing Archicad library object names ?

Did you try to replace them by the same object into your reloaded Archicad library out of a cloud storage ?

Please share a lot of screen capture to make your post more understandable.

Christophe - FRANCE

KJ22_0-1643148015872.png

KJ22
Participant

What does one do with alert messages...really? 

I reload and apply and nothing changes...except i get more warnings. up to 7000? 

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (2).png

KJ22
Participant

Screenshot (4).png

Hello KJ22,

Your libraries seems to be right placed and linked. 

Perhaps your Archicad file need to be repared ? 

I invite you to open AC25 then open this file and repair it before opening (option left below).

Perhaps it is your Archicad preferences ? I Invite you to delete your Archicad and graphisoft preference parameters files. I am a mac OS user and I do not know where are these files on windows.

Christophe - FRANCE