BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Library Manager - Hotlink Folders cannot Delete (ACAD 17)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to go off my rocker! I have these hotlink folders in my library and I can't get rid of them. Hotlink is grayed-out so you cant delete them, how do I fix this?

Hotlink Lib Folder.JPG
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
A guess: by deleting the hotlink modules and then their linked libraries will also be removed from the project?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
A guess: by deleting the hotlink modules and then their linked libraries will also be removed from the project?
I did mention that the hotlink Delete function is grayed-out. SO if it was that easy I would have done it...
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Modules can have embedded libraries, even if the elements aren't used in that module. You will have to open te modules, delete the embedded library parts, save the module, refresh hotlinks, refresh library and pray for a miracle (ok, maybe not the last part anymore, but we don't use embedded libraries as a rule in our office, still using the old method of project library folder on our server... mainly because of this problem with hotlinked modules and getting duplicate embedded items).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So you are saying that you select a hotlink in the list in the Hotlink Manager and there is no way for you to delete that hotlink? Is it possible to delete the hotlink by selecting it on the Floor Plan and deleting it that way? (I think you have to make sure your Groups are not suspended when you do that.)
If there is no way to delete hotlinks then I suspect your file might be damaged, in which case I would turn to your local reseller for further help.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Zac - I think you were too ready to criticize, and you missed a valid tip to try from Laz. You're complaining about the Hotlink folder being greyed out in the LIBRARY MANAGER. Laz was suggesting you try deleting the Hotlink from the HOTLINK MANAGER, then go back and see if it's still there in the Library manager.

However, my version of this problem is that I have removed everything from my hotlink manager (the only thing showing is the file I have open) but I still have a greyed-out Hotlink folder in my library manager. So... any additional ideas on this subject would be appreciated.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Erwin wrote:
Modules can have embedded libraries, even if the elements aren't used in that module. You will have to open te modules, delete the embedded library parts, save the module, refresh hotlinks, refresh library and pray for a miracle (ok, maybe not the last part anymore, but we don't use embedded libraries as a rule in our office, still using the old method of project library folder on our server... mainly because of this problem with hotlinked modules and getting duplicate embedded items).
This is the only way to get rid of those pesky grey hotlinked libraries.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that's a bugger, because I don't think I have the original modules any more
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Are they not hotlinked?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope. Look at my earlier screen-capture. I deleted the hotlinks at some point in the past, and now I'm trying to clean up the library.
However, by opening up the greyed hotlink folders I was able to get a clue as to what the original hotlinks were, and I went back through the archives, found them and re-inserted them into the project. From there I was able to follow Erwin's tips that you re-posted.
So... I'm happy now
Learn and get certified!