Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Library Manager info

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Archicad 22 I seem to have a problem displaying the "little yellowish info" for the elements/tools/icons/buttons in the Library Manager. See the screenshot from the reference guide.

I hover the mouse on an icon and nothing happens... which makes it not that easy to interpret the meaning of icons (especially when they change their look with every version). Will I embed the library? Or migrate it? I have no idea, because there is no info box when I hover over the vague icon.

Did I happen to turn it off somehow and if so, how do I turn it on back?
Interestingly, I have this problem only in the Library Manager.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Update: this problem occurs when opening Library Manager while having active a 3D view or a section. I mean...why?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you accidentally hidden your Tool Tips.
Use the "Help>Show Tool Tips" menu command to turn them back again.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, that's not it. My tool tips are "on" and they show normally when I work in Archicad. And turning them off and back on again doesn't change anything.

The only place the "tips" won't show is in the Library Manager. But (!) only when the library manager is opened while my "active tab" is a section or one of my saved 3D views. When I open the Library Manager while for example a plan view is active, it works fine.

When I open a new empty solo file, it also works as it should, even when opening the Library Manager from 3D or a section, but in my other teamwork file it seems to be buggy. And no, it's not some buggy old file converted from something like version 15, it's a relatively fresh file started from scratch in v.22.
Barry Kelly
I am not seeing this problem - I have tried with all sorts of views open.
I can't imaging why having a particular view open would affect the tool tips in the library manger.

Maybe it is a teamwork thing? - I don't use teamwork so I can't test that.
Does it happen if you open the same file on another computer?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no idea either why would an active view affect something like that. And yes, it seems to be a teamwork thing.
I don't see anything strange either when I test it a new solo file.

It works well even when I save the same TW file as .pln and I've checked it on another TW file and there I had the same problem.

And yes, it's the same on other computers, or at least on my colleague's.