Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library Part Maker for ARCHICAD 20

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
GRAPHISOFT has released the ARCHICAD 20 version of the free Library Part Maker Add-On:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/UK/library-part-maker.html
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo,
It's not clear to me, and therefore may not be clear to others, what advantages this add-on brings beyond normal unscripted library part making. I have no idea what this add-on does, or why we should use it.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Richard,

Did you watch the 9-minute clip on that page? It explains the capabilities of the Add-On. I think pretty much everything is there in the clip you need to know to decide if it can help you in your work or not.
jakubc7
Advocate
Thanks Laszlo. v19 of this add-on was great. If they were able to make any improvements than it's a bonus.

For me having easy control of 2D representation is it's biggest advantage vs saving objects using AC modelling method.

My only negative is that I did not like that how it uses its own unique MVO instead of making use of global AC MVO or scale to control detail level. I would also like the ability to save with only one detail level. I currently override the script manually to lock the MVO options. I imagine 95% of users would be happy with only one level of detail.

Thanks GS UK for providing this!
ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
jakubc7 wrote:
Thanks Laszlo. v19 of this add-on was great. If they were able to make any improvements than it's a bonus.
Here is what is says is new in v20 (I think previously you could save only as Door, Window or Generic object):
The new release of LPM now covers all basic GDL-based ARCHICAD tools such as Door, Window, Skylight, Lamp and Generic object as well as Handle and Window Shutter accessory objects. The user interface was simplified with introduction of a dockable palette that complies with new ARCHICAD 20 User Interface look. New and improved workflows include automated de-bugging checks, streamlined save and update workflows and object subtype selection. Also we have updated the LPM template with additional examples to help our users with definition of new subtypes (Skylight and Lamp).
jakubc7 wrote:
My only negative is that I did not like how it uses its own unique MVO instead of making use of global AC MVO or scale to control detail level. I would also like the ability to save with only one detail level.
I can imagine the the 3 levels of detail was created because of UK requirements.
But I wonder what would happen if you created only one detail level for your library part and saved it that way? Would nothing be displayed for the other two detail levels? Or, you could simply create one detail level and copy-paste it to the other two detail levels so regardless of detail level setting in the MVO Dialog the same geometry would be displayed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to use it on other versions, than US?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think it should work because it has its own library and template so you have everything you need regardless of the localization of ARCHICAD.
Of course the language and commands of the Add-On will be English.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I think it should work because it has its own library and template so you have everything you need regardless of the localization of ARCHICAD.
Of course the language and commands of the Add-On will be English.
Great Information. I can provide Polish Translation for this add-on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
~laszlonagy

I have several questions regarding this Library Part Maker. I attach screenshots and my .gsm file.
I have done everything as it is with those examples, but some things, such as roundness is not working. Also my 2D drawing is not displaying right with 3D, which is disaster.

I would really appreciate help.

Karol
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I remember correctly this Add-On creates box shaped holes in Walls when creating Doors and Windows.
So if you want something different you will have to take what is automatically generated and modify/add to the scripts.

Normally the creation of a non-rectangular wall hole is relatively easy. This article may help you in that. I hope it works also when you save the result with the Library Part Maker:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-20/archicad-20-reference-guide/elements_of_the_virt...

But if you want to use splayed wall holes you will have to script it I think.

The thing to know about this Add-On is that it is good for the fast creation of many different GDL OBjects, but it has its limitations as to what it can generate automatically, such as in this case.