Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library Part Maker for ARCHICAD 20

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
GRAPHISOFT has released the ARCHICAD 20 version of the free Library Part Maker Add-On:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/UK/library-part-maker.html
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
12 REPLIES 12
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
laszlonagy wrote:
If I remember correctly this Add-On creates box shaped holes in Walls when creating Doors and Windows.
So if you want something different you will have to take what is automatically generated and modify/add to the scripts.

Normally the creation of a non-rectangular wall hole is relatively easy. This article may help you in that. I hope it works also when you save the result with the Library Part Maker:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-20/archicad-20-reference-guide/elements_of_the_virt...

But if you want to use splayed wall holes you will have to script it I think.

The thing to know about this Add-On is that it is good for the fast creation of many different GDL OBjects, but it has its limitations as to what it can generate automatically, such as in this case.
Will test this asap. The LOD is cool but what I need is a way to feed IFC parameter values from the original IFC-object to my gsm. I've got an IFC- model with almost 1000 objects, coded and everything and I'm trying to figure out how to make the conversion process as smooth as possible. I've extracted the IFC-params that are supposed to be the name of the object and then we have a small script that changes the stupid generated names in the folder...Furnishing 45 to 345-0 Xray_345-2...but we can't get any params but I figure AC20 can do this though the excel wizardry.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
ArcAngel
Participant
Am I missing something in this - despite being touted as parametric, when I try to create a window I cannot change the opening size, the sash sizes etc.
Hardly parametric.
Carlo
AC4.5 - AC 25 (User since 1992)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should watch the clip that shows the capabilities of the Tool.
Yes, it is parametric, but in a limited way and you cannot really define parameters that control sizes and stuff. There are built-in parameters that can control fills, pens, surfaces, building materials though.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!