BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library part Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI

I keep getting the following message (Polygon is degenerated.
at line 277 in the 3D script of file da_door_fl_10.gsm.) whenever I generate my sections. I don't know what object is causing it or even how to search for it. Any help would be appreciated. I am using Archicad 10 latest libraries and updates.
1 REPLY 1
"da_door_fl_10" is a macro (sub-object, if you will) of a door element. You don't use it, your doors do.

It's having an error due to 1) A setting you made in one or more doors and 2) Graphisoft's failure to handle that setting gracefully.

The most common cause of 'Polygon degenerated' is setting the width of something (a casing or frame, for example) to zero in an attempt to turn it off. AC tries to build what should be a rectangle, but one dimension of the rectangle is zero so it collapses on itself and reports an error.

Programming-quality-control-wise, there's no excuse for this. The door object's code should catch such errors and decide not to build the collapsed thing. It is properly termed a bug.

But, even though it isn't your fault, you'll probably fix it before they do, by finding that zero setting. Set it to very very tiny instead, or look for a switch to turn it off another way. Unfortunately this error doesn't give the ID of the bad guy so you have find it the hard way. Notice which sections give the report; the door is in those.

I glanced at the code for that macro in hopes I could determine what piece of the door it was making, but the part is badly commented and it's hard to say.

Good Luck,
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Learn and get certified!