BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Limited Door Library [ArchiCAD 10]

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm moving along making standard doors for our office library and I have discovered that there is no option for a DOUBLE metal/ commercial door with a transom [!!!!?????!!!!]. There is this option in the wood doors and there is a SINGLE metal/ commercial door with a transom. There is also a storefront door that appears like it would work, but it has a storefront frame and not the standard hollow metal door frame.

Does anyone know how to create this very typical door?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems you are right. It looks like the only option for this in the current AC10 library is to tweak a storefront or wood door to approximate the look of the hollow metal. This is disappointing considering the (over?) abundance of options for all the detailed settings within the doors. It seems more important to me that all the basic configurations should be covered.

I took a look at the "D1 Combi Commercial Door 10" to see how difficult it would be to modify for for a two panel version. It seems to be as simple as changing a couple of hidden parameter settings. I am attaching the modified part for you to try out. It seems to behave itself but I haven't tested it thoroughly. Let me know how it works.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,

Rookie ArchiCAD user that I am... How do I get this into my favorites?
Anonymous
Not applicable
First you need to add it to one of your libraries. The best place is probably your office standard library (if you have one). Adding it to the ArchiCAD 10 standard library (the one from GS) is complicated by the fact that it is a container file (rather than folders of separate parts) and then there is the issue of maintaining it through upgrades.

Once loaded you proceed to make favorites using the new door the same way you have been with the others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
THIS IS REALLY SAD! ALMOST 5 YEARS LATER AND STILL NO DOUBLE METAL DOOR WITH A TRANSOM....Great program graphisoft!
Learn and get certified!