BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Line widths in hair line

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AutoCad you can draw a polyline and then change the width of the line to make a wide/bold line, esp. helpful as reference lines.

How can you do this in ArchiCAD? I draw in Hairline so I need to have a line nice and bold on it's own without changing the pen weight.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
first: go to OPTION-ATTRIBUTE SETTING-PEN& COLORS give your line width to the special color you want, then OPTION-DISPLAY OPTION-LINE WEIGHT change to TRUE WEIGH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but you missed what I'm trying NOT to do. I draw in HAIRLINE most of the time so I need a line that is very wide or thick while in HAIRLINE not TRUE WEIGHT.

AutoCAD allowed for Poly Lines to be modified such as width. Can lines or Poly Lines in ArchiCAD be modified WITHOUT doing it by pen weight?
TomWaltz
Participant
roncbr900 wrote:
Thanks, but you missed what I'm trying NOT to do. I draw in HAIRLINE most of the time so I need a line that is very wide or thick while in HAIRLINE not TRUE WEIGHT.

AutoCAD allowed for Poly Lines to be modified such as width. Can lines or Poly Lines in ArchiCAD be modified WITHOUT doing it by pen weight?
No.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
workaround; if you must...

use a wall with solid fill of the same pen color as the outline, and use the centerline drawing method to place the reference line at the center of the wall. use the wall thickness to control the width of the line.

not clear why you would want to draw the way you describe though...

wes
__archiben
Booster
Weston wrote:
workaround; if you must...

use a wall with solid fill of the same pen color as the outline, and use the centerline drawing method to place the reference line at the center of the wall. use the wall thickness to control the width of the line.
or . . . define a new linetype using many thinner lines that are very close together. ensuring the 'gap' value is set to zero will result in a solid line, but you can also create similar dashed lines as can be seen in green in the attached screenshot . . .
not clear why you would want to draw the way you describe though...
crisp, square edges for extra special occasions!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
roncbr900,

I am to understand that you would like to work in "hairline" and then eventually plot out the true width?....or would like a "hairline" to have different thickness at each end.....always a fav a mine in Autocad...lets establish that first... or can you send us a snap shot in Autocad of what you want
Learn and get certified!