Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Lines in composite walls

JKL
Contributor

Is there a way to get rid of the extra material line where my composite walls join(see image)? This is mainly an issue where my exteriors meet my interiors. My material intersection settings are in the correct priority. Last project I made a fill and covered each one. That can't be the only option?!

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 9.10.51 AM.png
Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
14 REPLIES 14

Brilliant-Thank you!

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
JKL
Contributor

what about walls that one is slightly off set? Any fixes there?

I appreciate the help so very much!

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 1.38.01 PM.png
Designer

Mac

Archicad 26

Ideally you want all of the reference lines to intersect at one point.

Off the top of my head I am not sure if this will work, without me setting up similar walls and testing it myself.

Try to offset the ref line of one wall so they are all intersecting at the same position.

Then it should be just a matter (I hope) of junction order as in your first post.

BarryKelly_0-1654565717638.png

If you use the 'Modify Wall Reference Line' settings, then the ref line will move without moving the wall.

If you change it in the wall settings, the wall will move and the ref line will stay where it is - then you will have to move the wall.

BarryKelly_1-1654565934156.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi,

Barry's solution works.

In case you don't want to change the ref. line position of the exterior walls you can offset the ref. line of the interior wall with a negative number.

Negative offset move the ref. line outside the wall base so you can place it anywhere you want (see attach).

Capture d’écran 2022-06-07 à 12.02.05.png
ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey
JKL
Contributor

Awesome! Thank you!

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26