Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Llayout book - my title block & consecutive sheets numb

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it is so easy that I am blind to it...much like Love, OK
How does one in a step by step way, take my title block as a Master Layout and then input the drawings on sheet 2 ,3 and 4 and have the numbers consecutive...and the title block show on all...?

I've spent 8 hours and 3 books and nothing has worked...so it must be tooo simple...Yes ?
Thanks. Paul
15 REPLIES 15
Eduardo Rolon
It is called Autotext

In the Master layout, using the text tool (right click), layout number…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks that clears up lots....however, now how do I get my master layout with the consecutive numbers on all my sheets..... ?
Thanks, Paul
Eduardo Rolon
Once you assign the Master layout to your layouts they will start the numbering automatically. Under Help go to Archicad help -> Index -> M -> Master Layout
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks but no way does that work on my desktop. I open a layout sheet and up comes a blank sheet...there is not way that I have found to have the title block and numbers show up on any new sheet.... I know it must be simple but I can not find the hows and whys... anyplace... can you ?
Paul
Eduardo Rolon
Under Help go to Archicad help -> Index -> L -> Layout -> Id's -> Automatic Layout Id Assigment…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
help
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your explisit assistance....However, the Master Layout that I have created still does not show up on any layout no matter what I do. As I said it must be so simple that my 6 years of college make me miss it all together...
Eduardo Rolon
Grab the master layout and drag it on top of the layout
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you assigned your master to the layout? See image.

(WARNING: I just tried to select multiple layouts in navigator from in the file shown, to assign the same master to each, and AC crashed and bug reporter started, so I would avoid trying to do it this way. This happened twice on different (but similar) files, AC11 1033)

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!