BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Location of text changes when scale of drawing increases

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I created a basic object so my question is better understood and hopefully I can get some help on this.

I have a 2d line with text above it. The distance between the two is 2". That works great using 1/4" = 1'-0" scale but once I change the scale to 3" = 1'-0" the distance between the text and the line increases a lot.

What do I need to do to keep the text the same distance from the line no matter what scale my drawing is.

This is what I have for a basic script.

line2 0, -2", 18", -2"

define style{2} "AC_STYLE_1" "Arial", 7 * (25.4 / 72), 1
paragraph "AC_PRG_2" 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
set style "AC_STYLE_1"
"Label"
endparagraph
textblock "AC_TEXTBLOCK_2" 0, 7, 0, 1, 1, 1,
"AC_PRG_2"
richtext2 0, 0, "AC_TEXTBLOCK_2"

Thank you for your help.
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
STYLE will scale when you change your view scale. So, scale your line by GLOB_SCALE.

LINE2 0, -2"*GLOB_SCALE, 18"*GLOB_SCALE, -2"*GLOB_SCALE

or

MUL2 GLOB_SCALE, GLOB_SCALE
LINE2 0, -2" 18", -2"
DEL 1

In your current object, the distance between the text and the line is not actually increasing, it is just your text getting smaller...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply.

I really spaced it on this one. I was thinking the distance between the Line and text was growing but you are correct it is the same distance apart, it just looks like it is increasing due to the scale. So that being said I think what I need to do is the offset distance needs to decrease as the scale goes up. So at 1/4" scale the offset distance is 2" but at 3" scale the offset distance needs to be more like 1/8". Doing this will make the line and text appear to have the same relationship between each other.

Any idea how I can do this?

Thanks again for your help.
Lingwisyer
Guru
ie. Your text and line are independent of the drawings scale.

Use the code from my last post. When you halve your scale, you will halve the line and it's spacing. The second option is better as it will scale everything after the MUL as well until you end if with a DEL.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again Lingwisyer for your reply.
Learn and get certified!