Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Lock Pet palette jump to preferred position

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am relatively new to Archicad and I am having trouble finding out how to lock my pet palette to jump to preferred position. I can do this in a file but when I exit the file and re-open it the setting is back to default. I have tried creating a profile but that didn't seem to help. I apologize if this has been covered before many times but I am having trouble finding the information I am looking for.
Thankyou, Michael
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
I have moved your post to Working in Archicad and have deleted the poll as this in not a wish.

You are on the right track.
The option is in your Work Environment.
When you change the settings you should store that scheme (for that section) as a new scheme or redefine an existing scheme.

Then in the actual Work Environment Profile you need to create a new profile or amend and existing one to use your scheme that you just adjusted.

Now set that profile as default so it is used next time you start Archicad.

Don't forget to apply the settings so they become active straight away.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Even when it's locked, it'll still spawn next to your cursor before jumping... and in between the time it spawns and jumps, your cursor will just happen to pass over it preventing it from jumping...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou, I appreciate the help. I will try to post in the correct place next time.