BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Locked elements even though I never locked anything?

marian_sdraila
Booster

Why do I always find individual elements locked in my project although I never lock them. "Unlock All" command takes forever to do it's job and after a while I still find locked elements in the project. I do not have a shortcut for locking elements so it's not something that I do accidentally. What am I missing?

ArchiCAD 23
Windows 10
Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4110 CPU @ 2.10GHz
NVIDIA Quadro P4000, 8GB - 64 GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace

Elements or layers?

Do you have any modules?

Are you working solo or teamwork?

AS they would say, not enough information… 🙂

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Are these locked elements by any chance MEP-related Objects (Toilet, Basin, Shower, etc., anything with MEP connections)? As far as I remember, prior to AC24, MEP Modeler was an Add-On and it was not installed, Objects with MEP-connections were locked. When you installed the MEP Modeler, they became unlocked and their element types also changed from Object to one of the MEP element types (such as Equipment).

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
marian_sdraila
Booster

No MEP, not a Teamwork project, zero hotlinked modules! But... the elements I was talking about are text blocks, and it turns out that after using the Search & Replace tool, for some reason, some of the text blocks, not all, got locked, and the Search & Replace did not work for those text blocks. I made sure to unlock them before using Search & Replace but always got the same result, and in the end I had to hunt them down one by one to edit the text manually!

So, the only possible explanation is that it must be a bug related to the Search & Replace tool!

ArchiCAD 23
Windows 10
Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4110 CPU @ 2.10GHz
NVIDIA Quadro P4000, 8GB - 64 GB RAM
Learn and get certified!