BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Looking for the most perfect molding object....

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've experimented with various molding creation schemes I can find - custom profiles, the molding objects, smartparts easy trim, objective, etc. and have yet to find one that fits all my needs, maybe someone here has some other ideas. The ideal part has these abilities:

1. can use custom profiles
2. miter in two dimensions
3. scale dependent display - outline only at some scales, interior detail lines at others for section, plan, & elevation
4. different pen weights for outline and interior lines

Does anything like that exist? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris,

I would typically use profiled beams for mouldings and placed on a layer that only displays on views I want them visible on and has a differing layer priority to walls and columns etc so that the mouldings do not interact with them

Regards,
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
sboydturner wrote:
Chris,

I would typically use profiled beams for mouldings and placed on a layer that only displays on views I want them visible on and has a differing layer priority to walls and columns etc so that the mouldings do not interact with them

Regards,
Scott
Thanks Scott. That's how I have typically done it but I'm facing a situation now where we want to have the profile show up as a simple outline in 1/4" elevations, but as a fully detailed profile in section and with the various internal lines at 1/2" scale or larger.
Learn and get certified!