Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Losing Library Parts Upon Saving YET AGAIN

toman311
Enthusiast

Hey, I'm having a similar problem in 2018 where when I saved a file, library parts go missing.  My custom door leafs made from slabs are missing, my stair made from a mixture of design tools, including the stair tool, is missing, and tons of my textures are also missing too.  There may be more that I'm missing, but a lot of the project is missing.

Last time I had this problem, I somehow had a file that didn't have the missing library problem of the same project that was apparently very recent.  I guess this came from the .bpn file.  Still, I saved that Embedded Library and imported it into the broken project and it was fixed.

The problem this time around is that I don't have a file that isn't broken AND this project is in Teamworks.  If I save the project out from Teamworks, the same problem is there.

I'm not sure what to do this time around.  Does anyone have any help?  Or ideas?

The post for this problem last time is titled, "Losing Library Parts Upon Saving."

>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

This time I had to reinsert the Migration Library of the previous version from the BIMcloud into the project.  I'm using Archicad 23, so I had to use the Archicad 22 Migration Library.  I also tried reinserting the Embedded Library and I think that brought the custom door leafs back, but I'm not sure because I don't know when the custom leafs came back.  I just noticed that they were all there at one time.  This problem seems to only happen when I save.  The last time was in 2018, so it doesn't happen often.  Still, I spent almost 3 hours figuring this out.

I'm going to tell Graphisoft about this.

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
toman311
Enthusiast

I saved the Teamworks file onto my desktop and when I clicked to Migrate Libraries, the project comes in with everything there as far as I can tell.

When I Migrate Libraries in Teamworks, nothing happens.

Well, for some reason I closed out the file outside of Teamworks and I tried Migrating Libraries thing again with the same file after opening a second time and the textures came back, but not the door leafs.

Solution

This time I had to reinsert the Migration Library of the previous version from the BIMcloud into the project.  I'm using Archicad 23, so I had to use the Archicad 22 Migration Library.  I also tried reinserting the Embedded Library and I think that brought the custom door leafs back, but I'm not sure because I don't know when the custom leafs came back.  I just noticed that they were all there at one time.  This problem seems to only happen when I save.  The last time was in 2018, so it doesn't happen often.  Still, I spent almost 3 hours figuring this out.

I'm going to tell Graphisoft about this.