Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Lost my section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure how this happened, but whatever the case, an independent section I created (and I thought I linked to a marker) is not listed anywhere in my navigator. I did place the view set for the section on a layout before it "vanished", where it is still visible. I can't find/access the view set/section at all. As long as it stays on my layout all is well, but I want to be sure it will.
It's listed as "unavailable" in the drawing manager. Is there anything I can do to locate it? Any help is appreciated.
AC11
Mac osX.4
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You should be able to right click on the drawing, either on the layout or within the Navigator, and select 'Open Source View'. If it was not an independent section, you could further right click on it in the Project Map and choose 'Select Section Marker on the Home Story and zoom to it', but since it is independent, there is no source marker to select, so this is as far as you can go.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link, but no go. Absolutely nothing happens when I choose "open source view", also it is not listed in my "project map". I can't fathom what happened, I opened every sect/elev/detail in my project map and it not in any of them ( I though maybe I named it incorrectly). Thanks anyway
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
My next guess is that the independent section window in question is minimized. Try closing/minimizing all other windows, then repeat the steps above and look for the minimized window of your section. Then manually maximize it.

As crazy as it is, AC does restore or maximize a minimized window even when you activate it. This is something I've brought to GS's attention before, maybe it's time for a reminder...

Cheers,
Link.
__archiben
Booster
scottobrien wrote:
Absolutely nothing happens when I choose "open source view"...
when you right-click on the placed drawing of that view, do you actually get an option to "Open Source View" in the context menu?
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup