Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

MAP.gsm tool on ArchiCad 20.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm having trouble trying to use map tool on ArchiCad 20 which i previously used on Archicad 19. Does anyone knows how? Please kindly advise me.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Post moved - 'Archicad+' section is for discussing Archicad - not for actual problems in Archicad.

What is the MAP tool?
Do you mean MEP?
If so I believe you have to download and install a new version for each version of Archicad.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Post moved - 'Archicad+' section is for discussing Archicad - not for actual problems in Archicad.

What is the MAP tool?
Do you mean MEP?
If so I believe you have to download and install a new version for each version of Archicad.

Barry.
Hi Barry,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I believe it's a gsm tool that allow us to draw the site plan with coordinates. I got it from my lecturer and it was "Map.gsm" . We all call it the map tool. Apparently it was used for V.18 and also on V.19. Not sure why it doesn't function on V.20. Do you know where i can download the latest from?

Joseph
Barry Kelly
I can't say I have ever heard of it.

If the file is "Map.gsm" then it is an object that should work in 20, however there were some GDL commands that were deprecated in version 20 so they no longer work as they did in previous versions.
You will get error messages when you try to use it (assuming you haven't turned off the reporting feature in the Work Environment).

I just did a search in the object settings and this was in BIMComponents.
Is this it (map grid)? - it does work in 20/21 but it is just an adjustable grid.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11