Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

MEP Inline Object with3 Connections instead of 2

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there;

Is it possible that an MEP inline object have 3 connection instead of two ??

I´m asking this since that the object that I'm creating and although it's an HVAC equipment, it have an extra option for an electronic switch which needs to be connected.

So would the object work with inline tool in the two cases (2 & 3 connections) or not ?
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nader Belal
Mentor
Just found out the answer:

You Can't

Better said you shouldn't.

The reason for that is quiet simple, by the way that MEP plugin and objects are conceived (as much I have observed & don't take my word for it), inline-object can only have 2 connections that governs the main axe of the connection which includes angle and inclination.

Anyway, if any of you have a better explanation, please give me an insight
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nader Belal
Mentor
Update,

I have just made the same question in GDLcenter Forum

https://gdl.graphisoft.com/forums/topic/mep-inline-object-with-3-connections-instead-of-2
Solution
Nader Belal
Mentor
Just found out the answer:

You Can't

Better said you shouldn't.

The reason for that is quiet simple, by the way that MEP plugin and objects are conceived (as much I have observed & don't take my word for it), inline-object can only have 2 connections that governs the main axe of the connection which includes angle and inclination.

Anyway, if any of you have a better explanation, please give me an insight
gpowless
Advocate
Look through the MEP library. There are lots of objects with 3 and 4 connections.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Nader Belal
Mentor
Not for inline object, and already tried it.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

In the MEP Library there are connection objects. If you need an equipment that has 3 connections, you can model it using morphs, place 3 connection objects on it, and save it as a new equipment. If I understood your situation right.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi dKovacs,

Thank you for your suggestion, but it doesn't work.

Textually speaking (Graphisoft source), a MEP inline object must be specified by 2 connections only and colinear.

If there are or must have 3 connections, if mus be scripted as an equipment.