Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

MVO : Detail Level of Door and Window stuck as AC 19 in a AC24, 5000 file.

tsturm
Newcomer
I discovered the Detail Level settings in my file under the MVO settings is stuck at AC 19.

How do I change this to be AC 24?

This project has been migrated up from AC 22.
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
These pages in the MVO Dialog are generated by GDL code. The specific GSM file that generates this specific settings panel of the MVO Dialog is a so-called Library Global file and this one is found in the LG_DWSymbSettings.gsm file in AC24. I think there is a good chance that the file was called the exact same in AC19.

If you extract the ARCHICAD Library 24.lcf file into a folder, then within that extracted folder, you will find this GSM file at the following path:

\Object Library 24\3. MACROS 24\Base Macros 24\Library Globals 24

Now, the problem in your case is that in your current Project's loaded libraries, this LG_DWSymbSettings.gsm file is the file that came with AC19, most probably, this is why you see that "ARCHICAD LIBRARY 19" text in the interface.

So, you would have to change this file to its AC24 equivalent from the AC24 default library.

But I don't think changing a single Library Global file in your libraries is a good idea. Many Library Parts in your loaded libraries are probably also AC19 library parts and they were scripted to work with the library global of the same version.

So, the best thing would be to try to use the AC24 library and AC24 library parts instead.

If you can't do that, maybe it is best to keep it as it is. I don't know whether an AC24 library is fully compatible with an AC19 Library Global file, or some settings just mysteriously won't work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tsturm
Newcomer
Here are the settings from the AC 24 template.

AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
These pages in the MVO Dialog are generated by GDL code. The specific GSM file that generates this specific settings panel of the MVO Dialog is a so-called Library Global file and this one is found in the LG_DWSymbSettings.gsm file in AC24. I think there is a good chance that the file was called the exact same in AC19.

If you extract the ARCHICAD Library 24.lcf file into a folder, then within that extracted folder, you will find this GSM file at the following path:

\Object Library 24\3. MACROS 24\Base Macros 24\Library Globals 24

Now, the problem in your case is that in your current Project's loaded libraries, this LG_DWSymbSettings.gsm file is the file that came with AC19, most probably, this is why you see that "ARCHICAD LIBRARY 19" text in the interface.

So, you would have to change this file to its AC24 equivalent from the AC24 default library.

But I don't think changing a single Library Global file in your libraries is a good idea. Many Library Parts in your loaded libraries are probably also AC19 library parts and they were scripted to work with the library global of the same version.

So, the best thing would be to try to use the AC24 library and AC24 library parts instead.

If you can't do that, maybe it is best to keep it as it is. I don't know whether an AC24 library is fully compatible with an AC19 Library Global file, or some settings just mysteriously won't work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
tsturm
Newcomer
i was able to get the settings corrected to read AC24 by cleaning out some unused library items.

Everything seems to be working as it should.

Thanks for the reply.
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000