Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Major V9 Bug! Anyone seen this error???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone experienced this error...

It came up on one of our project files, and subsequently dumped everything on the ArchiCAD layer... Everything... and therefore stuffed up all quickviews etc.

after restarting the colours came back, but the layers were still stuffed

per the error, it is obviously to do with attributes. As a user who has been using archicad since v5.0, we have not done anything unusual to cause this error.

It has now resurfaced on another two unelated projects... one of them is a Teamwork project. It has occurred on two machines.

It changes our colours all to black, and, while inside the (corrupted?) file, if we go to change the pens & colours. It immediately crashes to bug reporter.

when is 9.1 coming out?

this bug is inconsistent and destructive

sincerely,

extremely frustrated person

error copy.jpg
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have 16 'seats' of ArchiCAD 9, and have been using it for all of this year without once encountering this 'bug'!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your advice MikeS
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't seen this either. I noticed your using OS X Tiger. Any chance this bug came up after upgrading the OS?
I only use Tiger on my laptop and not on my main office computer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
May be related, we upgraded to tiger about 5 weeks ago, but AC9 is supposed to be ok on Tiger
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now you've got me wondering about holding off on upgrading. I was just recently getting costs for upgrading the office.
Anonymous
Not applicable
we had this problem with early versions of v8.0. have not encountered such a bug on v9.0. We're holding off on tiger until absolutely necessary. sorry to not be of much help

wes
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
andthen01 wrote:
Has anyone experienced this error...

It came up on one of our project files, and subsequently dumped everything on the ArchiCAD layer... Everything... and therefore stuffed up all quickviews etc.

after restarting the colours came back, but the layers were still stuffed

per the error, it is obviously to do with attributes. As a user who has been using archicad since v5.0, we have not done anything unusual to cause this error.

It has now resurfaced on another two unelated projects... one of them is a Teamwork project. It has occurred on two machines.

It changes our colours all to black, and, while inside the (corrupted?) file, if we go to change the pens & colours. It immediately crashes to bug reporter.

when is 9.1 coming out?

this bug is inconsistent and destructive

sincerely,

extremely frustrated person
Maybe part of your file got damaged and ArchiCAD could not load that part. Just guessing.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Aussie John
Newcomer
I feel for you andthen01. I just upgraded and am a little nervous as things were running smooth before. I have already had a kernel panic. (not ArchiCAD related)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am also getting this error on a plan I just saved. This is with ArchiCAD 9 in Windows XP.

I am currently in the process of upgrading my ArchiCAD APX addon from 7 to 9 and untill reading this I suspected this might be the cause.

Do you have a solution? Are you running any non standard addons?

As a workaround I've opened a different plan file that has pretty much all the same attributes and then after that when I open the problem plan (without closing ArhchiCAD) it still gets the error but the attributes from the previous plan are in place.

Thanks,
Adam