Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Make library object transparent

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I would like to place some trees as library objects on a site plan, can I make them transparent?

Dave.
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you set the layer that your trees are on to wireframe, you will only get the outlines of each surface. This toggle is in the third column on in you layers palette. This will only be useful in the 3D window and if you do a Sketch render.

If you are wanting your trees to be SEMI-TRANSPARENT, then you will have to assign materials that have a transparency component to them to each component of your trees.

If you are wanting to render with an engine other than the Sketch one, a Transparency channel will need to be created on the CineRender engine for those same materials.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
Do you mean transparent in plan - i.e. just an outline?
If so it depends on the object, but in the settings there should be control of the plan (2D) fill.
Set it to an empty fill with a transparent ( Ø ) background pen.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I only want to view them in 2D, not 3D. I ended up drawing an outline and using a transparent fill. Worked OK.
Lingwisyer
Guru
The trees available in the default library have the option to turn off the 3D representation and have symbolic representation in plan.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660