BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Making new linetypes and making sure they can be "linked"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I made a new linetype in a pln file that we keep all our standards in. Then we load it into our template as a module. When I did this, the new linetype came up as solid because the "index number" ( i think that's what it's called - I see it in the attribute manager) is linked to a different linetype. So now my standards file that is a module inside our template shows the wrong linetype. Can I change the "index number" of a line type to say..300 so that it can be located after all other linetypes and not interfere with what we already have?!!!?

Thanks for any help,
Michele
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hate when this happens but I think I found a fudge around even though it'd be great if there was a better way to do it.

I made a duplicate of the linetype in my standards pln file so it added it as a new linetype with a new number. I deleted the original linetype. I renamed the duplicate linetype to the origianl name. And then I picked the linetype again. Then I deleted the linetype from the template file and updated the pln file that was a module. I added in the new linetype from the attribute manager and it worked fine. That was ugly and sloppy, but it worked.

Was this the only way to get it to work?

Michele
Erika Epstein
Booster
Use attribute manager.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used attribute manager but there was already a linetype with the same number and I didn't want to overwrite it and it doesn't find it unless it has the same number.

Michele
Erika Epstein
Booster
Two linetypes can't have the same number in one file. Make up your mind which linetype will use the number and append the other.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
In one file #7 linetype in called HIDDEN and in another file #7 linetype is called DASHED. I don't want ot overwrite #7.
I did make up my mind. I wanted HIDDEN but it needs to have the same number in both files and I had to fudge around to get it that way.

Hopefully you now understand what happened. Look at the attribute manager, there's numbers there.

Michele
Erika Epstein
Booster
Michele, I understand the numbers. I was just encouraging you to make a decision.
See Karl's excellent recent post on the subject.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Learn and get certified!