BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Masonry Arch Pen - Opening D Rectangular 14 - where is it ?

PB
Advocate
Please could some kind soul let me know where I can change the pen choice for the masonry arch in the 'Opening D Rectangular 14' door library object?

I can find it easily enough in other door objects (as shown in the view of 'D1 Entrance 14' in the following post) but not for the rectangular opening.....

D Rectangular 14.png
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
5 REPLIES 5
PB
Advocate
I can find it in other library objects......
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Finally! I found the solution to this intriguing problem.

If you open the object for editing you will see the parameter "gs_masonry_arch_pen" listed under the "3D Representation category" but the category title is set to "hidden" so therefore it doesn't show and any parameter under its hierarchy doesn't show either.

So to change this you need to save the object under a new name, then you will be able to modify it.
Right now it is within the LCF file so you cannot make changes, this is why you have to save a copy of it and modify that.
If you want to modify the one in the LCF, then extract the LCF, modify the part, then recreate the LCF and replace the original AC LCF with it.

So, when you are in the Library Part Editing Window, find the "gs_3D _representation" parameter and click its "Hidden" toggle to turn hidden off.
Save it and the 3D Representation category along with the Masonry Arch Pen parameter will be visible among your parameters.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
PB
Advocate
Fantastic Laszlo - many thanks!

How do I/we go about having Graphisoft modify the library part for the next library update?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I will forward this to the Library guys at GS.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
PB
Advocate
Much appreciated, thankyou Laszlo.
Learn and get certified!